It’s safe to say that life can get a little crazy sometimes, but we all know how small, random acts of kindness can go a long way!
It’s the little things that count so we’ve crafted some ideas to bring a little more gratitude to the world we live in and the people that surround us. This day doesn’t mean that as soon as the sun sets that all of the kind gestures need to stop, but rather it acts as a little reminder to give thanks and to appreciate the things we have in our lives, and to be humble in everything we think, say, and do.
1. Surprise your parents by cooking dinner or doing extra chores before they get home.
2. Visit/take your grandparents out for a fun day or for lunch—they always love seeing you!
3. Saying a simple yet sincere “I love you” will bring a smile to the face of any of your family members.
1. Thank your teacher and let them know their role and hard work is appreciated.
2. Offer extra assistance to peers or classmates that may be struggling with a certain subject.
3. Help keep your classroom tidy and ask your teacher if they need any help with anything.
1. Offer to drive a co-worker to work.
2. Buy a delicious treat for your co-workers.
3. Write an appreciative message on a sticky-note and leave it on someone’s desk.
1. Eat a vegan meal.
2. Visit a shelter and spend some time with the animals.
3. Play with your pet or get them a new toy.
1. Use reusable shopping bags or a water bottle—or both!
2. Don’t litter but instead pick up any garbage you see.
3. Plant a flower or tree and nurture it.
1. Pay for the person in line behind you, even if it’s just $2 for their morning coffee!
2. Babysit for free.
3. Volunteer at a shelter or soup kitchen and/or buy a homeless person a meal.
With this category, you may think that buying yourself something isn’t really a random act of kindness and holding the door for yourself wouldn’t count either, so what can you do? We sometimes forget to be kind to ourselves and forget about all of our amazing qualities, so try some of these:
1. Look in the mirror and say something positive about yourself (try to do this a few times a day).
2. Pamper yourself with a relaxing massage! It will be so worth it!
3. Get together with some friends and just be silly and have fun. There’s no judgment or pressure here, so make sure to laugh a lot and appreciate all of the wonderful people you have in your life that bring you happiness and love.