Whether you’re a fan of Blair or not, she has some life lessons worth paying attention to. In her own special way she gives us some great advice on love, and in particular, self-love.
1. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a lame excuse for letting things happen to you instead of making them happen.”
This quote reminds you that you don’t have to wait around for great things to happen; you are capable of greatness on your own.
2. “Oh, my life is so bountiful, I don’t need a boyfriend to feel fulfilled.”
Plain and simple: You do not need a guy to give your life purpose.
3. “You deserve someone who would move mountains for you if he had to.”
If there is a guy in your life, make sure he treats you like the queen you are.
4. “Once men tasted caviar, it baffles me they settle for catfish.”
Although slightly harsh (classic Blair style), these words remind us that you should never dwell on a past relationship because you know your worth.
5. “We’re not servants to our emotions. We can control them, suppress them, stomp them like bugs.”
There are times where your emotions take over your body and brain, and it seems impossible to find a way to love yourself. Blair reminds you that you are always in control of your emotions and can choose to be happy.
6. “You can’t make people love you, but you can make people fear you.”
Although causing fear may not be the best approach, I do admire Blair’s realization that you can’t please everyone, but you can command their respect.
7. “The most important parties to attend are the ones you’re not invited to.”
Blair does not let anyone tell her she isn’t good enough for a party, and neither should you!
8. “If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.”
Blair is a girl who knows what she wants, what she deserves, and that if she perseveres she’ll achieve it.
9. “The only thing we should be doing together is moving on.”
When Blair says this to her ex, she truly shows she is learning to love herself rather than depending on someone else.
10. “As you can see, I survived without you.”
This powerful quote from Blair shows that when you love yourself, you can survive and thrive.