GLAAD is one of the leading organizations sharing the stories of the LGBT+ community in the aim of building support for equality.
As a part of this they’ve cofounded bisexual awareness week to push forward the acceptance of the bi community.
In the words of Robyn Ochs, a leading bi advocate and author, bisexuality is “the potential to be attracted—romantically and/or sexually—to people of more than one sex and/or gender, not necessarily at the same time, not necessarily in the same way, and not necessarily to the same degree.”
#BiWeek is well under way and there are multiple opportunities for you to participate and show your support.
- Tweet about #BiWeek to spread the word
- Learn more about bisexuality from this video about bi representation in the media and the impact that has on acceptance, support, and equality
- Support authors who represent bi characters
- Ash by Malinda Lo
- The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Get involved in the LGBT+ community at your school or in your neighbourhood
- Learn about bisexual erasure
If you’d like to learn more about bisexuality, check out glaad.org/bisexuality
Images via GLAAD
Comments are closed.