Today is a day that everyone should look forward to. It’s a day to whip out your grandmother’s old recipe book and find the best recipe to celebrate National Chocolate Cake Day! It’s the day to indulge in the most ooey-gooey, chocolatey cake you’ve ever experienced. But if you don’t have a great recipe to follow – Faze has got your back! Here’s a great recipe with an extra special secret ingredient to make your taste buds swoon!
You Will Need:
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
3 heaping-ish tablespoons dark cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
and….THE SECRET INGREDIENT: 1 cup Coca Cola (Yes, for real, it’s pop!)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease and flour a 9×13 pan and set aside.
3. In large bowl, stir together sugar and flour and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, bring cola, oil, butter and cocoa to a boil.
5. Pour into the flour mixture and beat on medium low speed for about a minute.
6. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla to bowl and beat on medium speed for another minute.
7. Spread batter into pan and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
8. Once the cake has cooled, top with your favourite icing (chocolate preferred) and enjoy!
Are you busting out the electric mixer and cocoa power to honour this holy day? We’d love to see pictures of your chocolate cake goodness! Share your pics with us @fazemagazine on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.