Whenever you’re stuck in a rut for what to make for dinner, one of the easiest options is to make a grilled cheese sandwich. With the ooey-gooey goodness of cheese that takes less than 15 minutes to make, it is the perfect dinner. Unfortunately, the same sandwich can get pretty boring pretty quick. With April 12 being Grilled Cheese Day, here are two delicious recipes to help switch up the plain ol’ sandwich and make it something awesome.
1. The Bacon-Waffle-Grilled Cheese
Now you can even start your day with a hearty breakfast of grilled cheese.
What You’ll Need:
- Waffle mix
- 8-10 pieces bacon
- ¼ cup of bacon fat
- Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- Waffle iron
- Large bowl
- Hand Mixer
- Cook bacon and let cool
- Set aside bacon and ¼ cup bacon fat
- Follow the directions on the waffle mix and create the batter
- Add cooked bacon and ¼ bacon fat into the waffle batter
- Coat the waffle iron with a thin layer of cooking spray
- Pour batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown
- Allow waffles to cool
- Brush one side of both waffles with melted butter
- Place butter-side down in a non-stick pan over medium-low heat
- Add cheddar cheese to waffle and place second waffle on top, butter side up
- Allow cheese to melt and carefully flip to toast the other side (about 3 minutes each side)
- Remove from heat and serve!
2. The Nutella and Banana Grilled Cheese
Because one can never eat enough Nutella.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 slices of French bread
- 4 tablespoons of salted butter, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of Nutella
- 5 oz package of Brie Cheese, cut into slices
- 1 banana, cut into slices
- A skillet
- A Spatula
- A knife
- Spread 1 tablespoon of butter evenly over one side of each piece of bread
- On the other side of the bread, spread 1 tablespoon of Nutella on each slice
- Warm a skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes
- Layer each sandwich as follows: Slice of bread, butter side down, Nutella side up, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices, 2 banana slices, 1/4 of the Brie cheese slices and slice of bread, Nutella side down, butter side up.
- Place sandwich onto the hot skillet and cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes or until the cheese begins to melt
- Serve and enjoy!
We’d love to see your delicious pictures of your grilled cheese options—tweet, Instagram or Facebook us @fazemagazine.