To celebrate World Kindness Day 2021 and in support of the UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP) #KindnessMatters Global Campaign, Faze created and launched the #K3Challenge: to inspire and challenge social media audiences to engage in kindness actions for themselves, others and nature, all in the same day.
World Kindness Day is celebrated on November 13th every year. The celebration was introduced in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement, a coalition of international NGOs, to highlight the good deeds in the community and focus on the power of positivity.
UNESCO MGIEP believes in creating connections that strengthen the culture of kindness, and it is for this reason they have partnered once again with Faze Media as their Global Communications and Campaign Partner for World Kindness Day.
UNESCO MGIEP and its #KindnessMatters Global Campaign aims to mobilize the world’s youth to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals as outlined by the United Nations through transformative acts of kindness and attempts to create a positive culture of kindness, in which every young person’s selfless act matters.
We believe every act of kindness matters: that compassion, empathy and kindness can not only change someone’s day and life, but can also change the world.
Faze collaborated with select social media creators to generate short, high-impact videos to encourage their communities to participate in the #K3Challenge. Faze will gift someone a ‘Thank You For Your Kindness’ Gift Package worth over CAD$1000, including amazing products from our friends at Brave Soles, ORAKI and Bondi Sands!
Brave Soles: is female owned, ethically produced and globally inspired. They believe in work done with dignity, sustainable fashion, and a future that we can all create together.
ORAKI: Recycled cotton, regenerated nylon and recycled polyester are just a few of the yarns they have developed over the years. Two words are central to all their decisions: planet and people.
Bondi Sands: They are not only about the best self tanning, suncare, skincare and body products, Bondi Sands is about sand, sea and sun and the lifestyle that comes with it. And we LOVE that they are vegan and cruelty free!
Our #K3Challenge Kindness Creators rose to the challenge and engaged in acts of kindness that ranged from yoga and journaling for self kindness, to handing out flowers and leaving random notes with positive messaging for kindness to others, to switching to LED lights and reusable straws for kindness to nature.
We invite you to join this kindness movement and accept the #K3Challenge!
How To Participate:
- Video yourself engaged in three types of kindness on the same day: to yourself, others and nature
- Post your #K3Challenge video to Instagram on or before 11:49pm (ET) December 13, 2021
- Tag @fazemagazine, #K3Challenge and @UNESCO_MGIEP in your video post
- Go to https://kindnessday.world/ and share your acts of kindness to help inspire others to be kind
(Official rules and regulations listed below.)
Meet our #K3Challenge Kindness Creators
Hanna Jaff is a television personality, politician, philanthropist, conference speaker, human rights activist, and author. Hanna is also the founder of the Jaff Foundation for Education, a nonprofit organization created in 2013. The foundation has hosted more than 180 charity events worldwide, benefiting more than 120,000 people. Their mission is to teach English to immigrants, refugees and the less fortunate, launch non-discrimination campaigns, and aim their attention on world peace and education. Today, the foundation has more than 7,000 active volunteers. @hannajaff
Rachel DaCosta, founder of Self Love Supply, is a mental health advocate working as a psychotherapy intern. Self Love Supply is an online community created to promote mental health, self love, and body positivity. @selflovesupply
Tasmin Dhaliwal is a radiant content creator and beauty vlogger who is unafraid to speak up about inner beauty and self-care. @tasdhaliwal
Jillea is an artist, songwriter, cosplayer, and costume creator who inspires others by demonstrating daily the power of being unapologetically yourself. @whoisjillea
Julia Tomasone is a Canadian actor, writer, and wellness enthusiast who uses her platform to emphasize the importance of physical, mental, and emotional health. @juliatomasone
Sylvia Jade is a beauty enthusiast and mental health advocate who is known for her upbeat beauty tutorials and unabashed transparency with her life – the good and the messy! @hellosylviaa
Ashley Hassard is a multi-talented individual who wears many hats including working as a photographer, writer, business owner, teacher and model. A full-blown life enthusiast, Ashley specializes in helping others see their full potential and empowers them to live the life of their dreams. @thehassard
Elle L is a music artist, director, regenerative fashion ambassador, advisor, and environmentalist who harnesses her talent and platform with her devotion to giving back. Elle L’s philanthropic endeavours permeate all of her artistic initiatives, with kindness and sustainability at the forefront. @elle__
Nicole Servinis is a vibrant host, talented producer, and fearless television personality with a passion for shining the light on important stories and connecting people with their emotions. @nicoleservinis
Meghan Yuri Young is a mental health advocate and producer who founded The Sad Collective, a mental health platform that believes in the power of vulnerability. @meghanyuriyoung
Thank you to all of our creators for the love and kindness you poured into this campaign. And thank you to Andreia McLean and Get Inviting Communications for all your kindness and help on this #K3Challenge!
#K3Challenge “Thank You For Your Kindness” Giveaway
Official Rules and Regulations
HOW TO ENTER:
1. During the Giveaway Period (defined below), participants can enter the Faze #K3Challenge “Thank You For Your Kindness” Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) by:
a. Video recording yourself engaged in three types of kindness on the same day: to yourself, others and nature
b. Posting your video to Instagram (main feed, Highlights or Reels) on or before the Giveaway Period
c. Tagging @fazemagazine, #K3Challenge and @UNESCO_MGIEP
d. Going to https://kindnessday.world/ and sharing your acts of kindness.
2. There is no limit to the number of entries. Entries shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used at the time of entry. The Giveaway starts at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 13th, 2021 and closes on December 13th, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET(the “Giveaway Period”). There is (1) prize (the “Prize”) to be won. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Illegible entries are ineligible.
3. The Giveaway Sponsor is Faze Media Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the “Giveaway Sponsor”). This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, administered, or associated with UNESCO MGIEP or Instagram.
4.To enter and to be eligible to win, entrant must be a legal resident of the countries and territories of North America and of the age of majority in the Country or territory in which they reside. Employees and their parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Giveaway Sponsor, its agents, parent, affiliated or related companies, subsidiaries, divisions, prize sponsors, and promotional and advertising agencies and administrators, are ineligible to enter.
5. Prize – There is one(1) Prize consisting of a variety of products and/or gift cards with an approximate retail value of CAD$1000.
6. Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize is not convertible to cash. Giveaway Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable.
7. On December 14th, 2021, a winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Giveaway Period. Faze Media Inc., acting reasonably, will attempt to contact potential Prize winner to notify potential winner that they may have won the Prize by Direct Message on Instagram within two (2) business days after the draw. In the event that the potential winner cannot be contacted within 2 business days after the draw, they will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be drawn at the Giveaway Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of identification must be provided upon request. In order to be declared the winner, potential winner must first correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill testing question administered by Faze Media Inc. Before being awarded the Prize, the potential winner may be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Giveaway Sponsor, a full release and indemnity form stating that, among other things, they have read and understood these official rules and regulations (“Rules”), grants all consents required, agrees to be available and to participate in publicity and/or promotions related to the Giveaway and/or the Giveaway Sponsor and/or similar matters, authorizes the Giveaway Sponsor to broadcast, publish, disseminate and otherwise use their name, city/town/village and province/territory of residence, photograph, likeness, sobriquet and voice, in connection with any promotion and/or publicity, and/or for general news, entertainment and/or information purposes at no additional compensation to the potential winner, beyond the awarding of or participation in the Prize, accepts the Prize as offered and releases the Giveaway Sponsor from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the potential winner’s participation in this Giveaway and receipt and use of the Prize. In the event that the potential winner does not comply with all the provisions as contemplated in these Rules, Giveaway Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify the potential winner, and draw an alternate potential winner, and the Giveaway Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The provisions and procedures referred to above relating to selection and notification of a potential winner shall be applied, with the necessary amendments, until a qualified winner has been duly selected.
8. By entering this Giveaway the entrants and participants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Rules. All decisions of the Giveaway Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Giveaway, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Giveaway.
9. All entries become property of Giveaway Sponsor who assumes no responsibility for garbled, lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, mail, voice messages, e-mail or any computer errors or malfunctions. No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting the names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included). Giveaway Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer line or network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. Entry materials or data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If for any reason, in the opinion of the Giveaway Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Giveaway is not capable of running as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Giveaway is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, Giveaway Sponsor reserves its right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend or suspend the Giveaway, and select a winner from previously received eligible entries. Giveaway Sponsor reserves its right to modify the Rules without materially affecting the terms and conditions hereof. The Giveaway Sponsor reserves its right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. Any attempts to deliberately damage the Giveaway web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made the Giveaway Sponsor reserves its right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law. Giveaway Sponsor shall not be held responsible for any errors or negligence that may arise or occur in connection with the Giveaway including any damage to an entrant’s computer equipment, system, software or any combination thereof, as a result of their participation in this Giveaway or from downloading any material from the Giveaway web site.
10. Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada. By entering this Giveaway each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by the Giveaway Sponsor for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this Giveaway. Giveaway Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Giveaway.
11. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway related materials, the terms and conditions of the Rules shall prevail, govern and control.