It is a personal choice whether or not to take birth control, and there is a wide variety of methods from which to select. If you are a sexually active person who is at risk of becoming pregnant, you might want to think about taking birth control tablets.
Oral contraceptives, most commonly referred to as birth control pills, are drugs that are administered orally to avoid getting pregnant. They have a success rate of approximately 91 percent, which makes them an efficient technique of birth control, as stated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
There are many different approaches to preventing pregnancy. Although none are entirely successful, certain strategies are significantly more trustworthy than others. The effectiveness of a method frequently depends on how well individuals follow the directions as well as the approach that is utilized. In light of this, the efficiency of a technique of birth control can be evaluated using one of two criteria:
- How well it stops pregnancy when used by the vast majority of people (typical use).
- How well it stops pregnancy when the directions for using it are carried out to the letter (perfect use).
Multiple methods of birth control are easily accessible today. And there are so many choices that they might be overwhelming. The benefits and drawbacks of each approach might help you decide which is best for you. Every strategy can be placed in one of these five broad classes:
- Natural. Natural family planning refers to techniques of birth control in which the potential mother adjusts her conduct in order to avoid becoming pregnant. Knowing your body and the signs, it gives off during your menstrual cycle is essential for using many of these natural approaches effectively.
- Over-the-Counter (OTC). You can find these options in the section of the store dedicated to family planning. That’s right; you don’t need a prescription from your doctor to pick any up. Most over-the-counter methods of birth control work by either physically blocking sperm from reaching an egg or chemically reducing their swimming ability.
- Prescription. The use of these choices will necessitate a prescription from your doctor. Birth control pills that include progestin and estrogen are examples of hormonal contraception. At the same time, non-hormonal techniques like IUDs and barriers are examples of non-hormonal contraception (diaphragms and cervical caps).
- Permanent. These procedures, also known as sterilization, make it impossible for a woman to become pregnant again. It is common practice to carry them out surgically.
- Emergency. This is a unique subset. Methods that can be used up to 120 hours following unprotected intercourse or a failed birth control attempt are included. There are over-the-counter and pharmacological options.
How Do You Acquire Contraceptives?
A comprehensive consultation is recommended if you are beginning to take contraception for the first time or are considering switching to a different method of birth control. Luckily, you can purchase them safely online or get physical consultation. The decision solely lies with you. However, the use of contraception should be surrounded by knowledge and use of various types and uses of contraceptives.
If you opt to go with the online option, visit this website. The online contraception adviser will assist you in determining which birth control methods are most suitable for you, considering your lifestyle, preferences, and any relevant medical conditions.
Selecting the Appropriate Contraception
If you and your partner are trying to decide which type of birth control should be the best option, you both must have access to up-to-date information and communicate honestly about your choices. The efficacy, safety, user-friendliness, and financial investment required in each option must be weighed carefully.
There are several aspects to consider when deciding how to prevent pregnancy, including your personal preferences, the severity of your symptoms, your risk of contracting an STI, and your general health. Some procedures are more labor-intensive than others. It would help if you gave some thought to which alternative is best for you.