The JUNO Awards rocked the First Ontario Centre in Hamilton on Sunday March 15th. The show was filled with amazing performances by Arkells, Deadmau5, TheWeeknd, Alanis Morissette, past Faze cover girl LIGHTS and many more. This year’s JUNOs was hosted by our past Faze cover boy, Jacob Hoggard of Hedley and everyone knows once you hand Jacob a microphone, you’re in for a hell of a show.
Our Canadian pop sensation Kiesza was the big winner of the night as she took home three awards, including the prestigious Breakthrough Artist of the Year award!
Besides coming together for a night to celebrate such great Canadian artistic talent, the JUNOs are also a night to relish the amazing, and highly anticipated outfits that each star puts together for the special night. There have been some iconic outfits at award shows that have never been forgotten; I mean, even Angelina Jolie’s “leg” has a twitter fan page now after she wore her sexy, black Atelier Versace gown with a high slit at the Oscars back in 2012.
So to add to the list of iconic red carpet looks, here are Faze’s top 10 looks at the 2015 Juno Awards.
10. Alanis Morissette is definitely a risk taker. She’s one of those people that can pull off a casual blazer and sneakers and still look elegant and steal the show. The detail around her cleavage is just the right amount of embellishment needed to prevent the outfit from looking dull, and her pulled back hair accentuates her gorgeous features.
9. Nikki Yanofsky’s gold dress literally makes her skin glow! And she was smart to wear simple, nude heels to balance out the heavy embellishments of the dress. Her legs look great and her short, curly hair is super cute. Talk about a golden goddess with killer vocals!
8. Hedley proved that simplicity is best! With their traditional black and grey suits, they looked very handsome. And whoever did their alterations deserves an award for “best-fitted suits”. I mean, look at how perfectly their suits sit on their shoulders and how well their pants fit their leg shapes.
7. We all know Kiesza was the big winner of the night, but she also won a spot in our top ten best dressed with her unique two-piece and funky hairstyle that shows her fun side. The light blue and beige of her dress complimented her skin-tone very well!
6. Liz Trinnear looked like a gorgeous, badass angel. You can definitely never go wrong with wearing all white! What really made this simple outfit stand out were her earrings, which provided just the right amount of bling that the outfit needed.
5. LIGHTS managed to pull off a pretty risky dress and made it look classy and elegant. Could you even tell she just recently had a child? This dress fits her so well; it was as if it was made just for her! What stole the show with this dress was its high slit, which made her legs look longer.
4. Electro-pop duo Adventure Dub looked super snazzy on the red carpet. Who doesn’t love two handsome men, with slight French accents, in well dressed suits?
3. MAGIC! Did something no other performers did. They were very gutsy to come in the same outfits. Had their outfit not been too great, all four of them would have looked bad; however, MAGIC! absolutely nailed it with their two-toned blazers. It’s also nice seeing a twist on the traditional men’s suit.
2. Eleven Past One were by far the best dressed males at the Juno Awards. Each one of the band members’ style was so unique, yet classy and sophisticated. Despite having completely different outfits, all together everything still looked coordinated in an artistic way.
1. Faze’s amazing Special Projects Manager Jessica Harwood stole the show with her super cute blazer and her leather pencil skirt from GUESS that accentuated her curves amazingly. And to top it all off, her necklace looked very chic and her curly hair and light makeup from Benefit Cosmetics was perfect for the occasion and spring time!