Famous quotes and aphorisms that tell us about an undeniable constant in life: change.
Brought to you by the folks at Livetray.
We at Livetray always value and prioritize healthy living by having a healthy mind and body. If you want to get motivated, continue reading.
If there’s one thing life about life we can count, it’s change. Change is a constant in the existence of each person, and yet we are often very afraid of it. Change involves getting out of hand and leaving the comfort zone, which is why we often find adapting to the new situation can be difficult for us.
If you’re looking for phrases and quotes about change to understand this key dynamic of life, you’ve come to the right place.
Famous phrases about change in life
In today’s article, we will share several phrases about change to help give a new meaning to change, and life in general. Change is inevitable, so the best thing we can do is adapt to the new context with our best positive spirit.
1. When you can’t achieve what you want, you’d better change your attitude. (Terencio). Great phrase of change of the Latin poet and comedian.
2. The difference between a slave and a citizen is that the citizen can wonder about his life and change it. (Alejandro Gándara). Change, inherent in free-living.
3. If there was anything we wanted to change in the boys, we should first examine it and see if it is not something that might be better to change in ourselves. (Carl Gustav Jung). About the education and moral weight of adults.
4. Change? When the hills do. (Emily Dickinson). Refusing to change is sometimes the only way to stand firm.
5. If we want everything to stay the way it is, everything needs to change. (Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa). Brutal paradox of the Italian writer.
6. Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself, “If today was the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am going to do today?” If the answer is “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. (Steve Jobs). The tech guru and entrepreneur was very clear: we must change everything that does not make us happy.
7. Nothing that has ever been again, and things and men and children are not what they were one day. (Ernesto Sábato). Nothing remains, as Heráclito would say.
8. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we face the challenge of changing ourselves. (Viktor Frankl). The great German psychologist, about resilience.
9. Everyone thinks about changing the world, but no one thinks about changing themselves. (Alexei Tolstoy). Change should start with our own habits.
10. Everything changes; nothing is. (Heráclito). One of the most talked-about famous sentences about change.
11. Things do not change; we changed. (Henry David Thoreau). An interesting philosophical vision about our perception of reality.
12. Why should changes be feared? All life is a change. Why should we be afraid of it? (George Herbert). A great reflection of this English writer
13. People change when they realize the potential they have to change things. (Paulo Coelho). Empowering yourself in the face of life gives us the tools to change the world.
14. I wanted to change the world. But I’ve found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself. (Aldous Huxley). A famous phrase by the dystopian writer par excellence (with permission of George Orwell.
15. I never thought we could transform the world, but I believe that every day things can be transformed. (Francoise Giroud)
16. No one can be a slave to his identity: when a possibility of change arises, it must be changed. (Elliot Gould). An unforgettable phrase about personal development.
17. It is the absurd man who never changes. (Georges Clemenceau). Ignorant people always remain unwavering, uncompromising.
18. No one bathes in the river twice because everything changes in the river and in which it bathes. (Heráclito). Perhaps the most studied and talked about permanent change allegory.
19. Although I am convinced that nothing changes, it is important for me to act as if I do not know it. (Leonard Cohen). The self-deception of this phenomenal singer-songwriter.
20. Change is the only immutable thing. (Arthur Schopenhauer). The German philosopher was clear: everything mute, constantly.
21. To improve is to change; so to be perfect you have to have changed often. (Winston Churchill). Another phrase of change for personal development.
22. When circumstances change, I change my mind. What are you doing? (John Maynard Keynes). It’s logical and smart. A famous quote from the British economist.
23. It is change, continuous change, inevitable change, the dominant factor of today’s society. (Isaac Asimov). The American writer, describing the possibilities that open up before us.
24. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude. (Maya Angelou). Sometimes change has to start with oneself.
25. Some changes seem negative on the surface, but you will notice that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge. (Eckhart Tolle). Good habits are sometimes difficult to carry out, but they have very positive consequences for our lives.
26. You must be the change you want to see in the world. (Mahatma Gandhi). One of the most famous phrases of change, uttered by the great Indian pacifist leader.
27. Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them, that just creates pain. Let reality be a reality, let things naturally flow forward in the way they like. (Lao Tzu). Like a waterfall, we must enjoy the water and let it flow freely.
28. Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything. (George Bernard Shaw). On the progress and change of attitude of citizens.
29. To improve is to change; being perfect means changing often. (Winston Churchill). Great reflection to aspire to be better day after day.
30. They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. (Andy Warhol). Another phrase that tells us about each person’s ability to influence their reality.