📢Author:Jeremy Smith, creator of the user-friendly FreeslotsHUB website with a large collection of the best free slots no download no registration Canada with free spins, no deposit required from the most popular software developers — Novomatic, Playtech, WMS, etc.
• Lots of celebrities have reportedly been accused of being addicted to gambling. As you are probably aware, celebrities live to spend and enjoy their money.
• Some gambling addicts prefer offline slots, while others prefer totally free slots with no download, no registration, no deposit required.
• Most people who bet don’t have gambling problems, but some people become compulsive gamblers at some point in their lives, according to a review by Camh.ca.
• Pay attention to the gambling problem signs in order to stop the problem in time.
• There are stop-gambling apps in the world, as well as gambling help online sites that can help you if you state “I have a gambling problem, I cant stop gambling.”
Like any other activity, gambling can also result in addiction, putting the affected individual in an uncomfortable situation. Addiction is when an individual cannot control their gaming activity, squandering huge sums of money that the person cannot afford to lose. Gambling can be done in moderation, but it becomes an addiction when it affects your mental health, professional life, and relationships. Here, we will be discussing the top celebrities with addictions, gamblers in recovery and psychology of gambling.
Most Popular Famous Gambling Addicts of All Time
Some prefer to spend their money purchasing luxury items, while others love this industry, and spend their money at poker tournaments and casinos. Some of the top movie stars who have been involved as celebrities with gambling addiction include Charlie Sheen, Tobey Maguire, and Ben Affleck. Let’s take a closer look at the top 13 famous addicts:
Birthplace: Borough of Queens, NY
Curtis James Jackson, popularly referred to as 50 Cent, is a famous U.S. rapper who has made waves in the music industry. He boldly takes the first position in the list celebrities with gambling addiction. Apart from his music life, he is a keen gambler who supports the New York Giants. He won $500,000 wagering on the New York Giants to defeat the San Francisco 49ers in one of his sports betting activities in 2012.
Birthplace: Cypress, California, U.S.
Tiger Woods is known to be quite popular for being a golfer, аnd one of many celebrities with gambling problems. Aside from the fact that he helps others get financial freedom, he also enjoys gambling. Tiger became interested in this world after being friends with other popular celebrities, including Charles Barkley, who is popular for being a compulsive gambler. Tiger Woods, on the other hand, is a skilled player. In most Vegas casinos, he has a wagering limit of up to $1 million and can wager up to $25,000 on each hand.
Birthplace: Hampton, Virginia, U.S.
Allen’s addiction almost ruined his NBA career, as he engaged in various casino games for a long period. He was a bitter loser as he caused problems at most casinos he visited, resulting in his being banned from 2 different casinos. It was also recorded that he lost $1 million a night in an Atlantic City casino. That is why he is number 3 on our list of celebrities with gambling problems.
Birthplace: New York City, New York, U.S.
Michael Jordan, a basketball legend and owner of NASCAR, has also been recorded spending large sums of money on his gambling activity. While getting to know the amount of money he has lost is quite challenging, it resulted in his initial retirement, a ban made by the NBA due to his gaming problem.
Birthplace: Atlanta, Georgia
Gladys Knight, recognized as a 7-time Grammy Award winner, also has a gambling problem. Although she was not addicted to alcohol or drugs, her addiction led to a loss of over $40,000 in a single night. One of the gambling celebrities eventually joined Gamblers Anonymous, where she was able to overcome the addiction.
Birthplace: Ladysmith, British Columbia, Canada.
In most debt cases, we see situations where parents give their children out to pay off the debt, but Pamela’s case was different. In 2007, she gave herself up to pay her debt to Rick Salomon. Since they had been friends for a while, Rick saw the amount of debt she had incurred and used it as an avenue to start something with her.
Birthplace: Houston, Texas, U.S.
She is known to be an actress and model from Texas and one of the gambling celebrities. Poker game interests transformed from being just a hobby to a career. Between 2009 and 2010, she won 12 poker tournaments with a total win of about $235,866, making her gambling career a success. She can safely be called one of the famous gambling addicts who had problems and obvious signs.
Birthplace: Leeds, Alabama, U.S
Charles Barkley, one of the gambling celebrities, the present NBA sports analyst, has spoken up about how he lost about $10 million and an additional $2.5 million in a blackjack game in 2006. After such a loss, his incurred debt was his turning point, as he was sued for being in debt of over $400,000, after which he stopped gambling.
Birthplace: Berkeley, California
He is considered one of the most popular celebrity gamblers and poker players worldwide, a compulsive gambler, as he often visits casinos. His most notable loss was when he lost about $400,000 by wagering on a poker hand. Aside from poker, he also loves playing blackjack. Records showed that he once placed a $60,000 wager on a blackjack game and won a massive cash reward of $800,000. He was affected by gambling and eventually banned from playing at Hard Rock Casino after he was caught counting cards.
Birthplace: New York City
He is another controversial Hollywood actor who spends an estimated $200,000 weekly to satisfy his urge to gamble. He recorded a massive loss of $1 million. It’s safe to say that he needed gambling addiction treatment.
Birthplace: Austin, Texas, US
Cornell Iral Haynes Jr. is a famous songwriter, actor, and singer and a vivid poker player with gambling disorder. Nelly participated in the World Series of Poker in 2007 and frequently visited the PokerStars European Poker Tour circuit. Cornell was seen getting pissed off at casino staff for being allegedly insulted by another participant.
Michael Phelps, the Olympic swimmer, appears to have a hobby aside from acquiring medals in the pool. His friends and family members have reportedly expressed concern about his gambling addiction. The young Olympic diver is obsessed with poker and could easily lose lots of money without even realizing it. Phelps, who has won 22 medals as one of the most famous Olympians, has played poker for a long time and was psychological effects of gambling.
Birthplace: New York City, U.S.
Ray is an American actor-comedian who spends most of his time playing virtual bets and sometimes poker games. His problem is said to have gotten out of hand, and he requested assistance from Gambler’s Anonymous. Romano has been seen to have succeeded in overcoming or at least controlling his habit and getting gambling recovery.
More Celebrities With Gambling Problems
Celebrities always have lots of money at their disposal, so they love to have fun and get entertained. This is why a couple of them love to gamble. While some are quite successful, others are not very lucky with casino games. Once they can’t do without gambling, they eventually get addicted and end up causing problems for themselves. After that, each of them definitely needs a gambling addiction rehab to stop gambling addiction urgently.
- TOBEY MAGUIRE: He was among various celebrities who were taken to court for their involvement in an illegal activity and needed gambling treatment. It was disclosed that Maguire received over $300,000 in illegal cash reported stolen from massive fund investors. Maguire is an amazing Texas Hold ’em punter who won $300,000 at various poker games in Los Angeles and New York.
- SCARLETT MOFFATT: 50-year-old mother of two took out about $50,000 of her daughters’ money to satisfy her gambling habit. Scarlett’s activity started as a hobby and a way to pass the time until it blew out of control. She lost thousands of dollars each week and eventually became quite desperate, resulting in her taking her daughter’s money.
- MATT DAMON: Ben Affleck’s stylish friend is actor Matt Damon, and the two frequently visit Vegas pavilions together. Damon is more committed to being better than Affleck, and he frequently wins at the table. When Hollywood stars play poker, they frequently place excessively large bets and suffer significant losses, but Damon is not one of them. He has negative effects of gambling and makes reasonable bets and appears to have complete control over his gameplay. Poker may be Affleck and Damon’s favorite, but there are many other options besides this card game.
- LEONARDO DICAPRIO is not regarded as having an issue that is on an equal level with various other actors. Nevertheless, many stories about his gambling activities continue to circulate. According to one news report, he is indebted to singer Ronan for cash that he advanced for his activity. However, others have claimed that he was not a high roller himself and that he simply attended these tournaments with musketeers like Maguire, who was known to have gambling issues.
- DAVIS GEST: In the months leading up to his death, David Gest reportedly spent up to 10,000 euros per day gambling. The U.S. music patron and reality T.V. Star, who was previously married to Liza Minnelli, has spent his money on 50p slot machines in U.K. pavilions. David Gest Limited owed 474 thousand dollars and only had £ in the bank. To make ends meet, he planned to sell his vast collection of Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson cairns worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.
- JASON WAHLER: this 34 years revealed that not only was he addicted to substance abuse, but he was also involved in gambling which eventually got out of control and resulted in him losing his home worth over $1 million.
- PHIL MICKELSON: he is a popular swimmer who was born in Towson, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America. During his career, he collected lots of medals. However, people around him were reportedly scared of his recent gambling problem and need help to stop gambling.
- DANA WHITE: Dana White, the UFC’s chairman, is well-known for his gambling habits. He’s skilled at gaming, and it’s been reported that some nights he walks away with more than $5 million just from playing blackjack. He’s been known to go$ per hand and has been asked to stop playing on the grounds of several summerhouses. On the other hand, his chops are undermining the pavilions’ gains. He’s notorious for underpaying UFC fighters for their fights, but he’s not afraid to make extremely high stakes at each hand. Recently, Palms Casino in Las Vegas allegedly barred Dana White from performing at their pavilions indefinitely.
- SHANE RITCHIE: this British actor, television presenter, singer, and comedian. During one of his interviews, he mentioned how he spent a lot of money gambling. He needed an overcoming gambling addiction.
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER: He is an undefeated professional prizefighter with a penchant for putting on shows. His most recent win was a three-million-dollar palm from a stake in council football. He’s also regularly spent up to $400,000 per sporting event. He’d have to pay $700,000 to cover his summerhouse wager, and in January 2014, the media reported that Floyd Mayweather might have bet $10 million on the Broncos winning the Super Bowl. During their pre-fight press conference in 2017, Conor McGregor alluded to Mayweather’s gambling addiction.
Top Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is a compulsive gambler? This is someone who has an uncontrollable and irresistible urge to continue gambling without considering its negative impact on his well-being. This refers to a gambler who cannot resist the urge to play, resulting in loss of funds, damage to close relationships, fraud, and job loss.
- What are the main signs of gambling addiction? The signs associated with gambling are quite similar to those of other forms of addiction, including feeling the need to be secretive about their activities, having challenges controlling their gambling habit, gaming with money they cannot afford to lose, and lots more.
- Is there gambling addiction help in the world? Because many people are addicted, various organizations have been created worldwide to help addicts control their gambling problems. GamCare, BeGambleAware, Gamblers Anonymous, ChoiceNotChance, GamblingHelpOnline, and others are among these organizations.
- How do most gambling addiction therapy tips work? Gambling addiction therapy can assist you in healing anything that is impeding your progress. Building trust and closeness with a therapist can assist in identifying specific hidden triggers, personal vulnerabilities to relapse, and a way to maintain your recovery process.
Brief History of Gambling: The Weirdest Historical Gambling Facts, the whole truth about how casinos and online free slots no download games developed.
15 Life-Changing Wins: Biggest Slot Machine Wins of All Time/ List of the famous players who hit the jackpot in offline and online free slots games.
Best Time to Play Online Slots & Win: Best Days to Go to a Casino. Shocking secrets and rules when it is worth or not to try your hand at gambling.