If you are thinking of getting into marketing, one of the very first things you should know is that this is a field that is continually updating and upgrading, since advancements in technology prompt trends to progress. What you may have learned about marketing many years ago may no longer be applicable today, especially with the emergence of new marketing media and avenues. For you to be on top of the competition, you need to stay relevant, which you can accomplish by striving to continuously learn.
One thing that you should take advantage of is the availability of courses that you can take online. You no longer have to be confined to a traditional classroom or university setup for you to enhance your knowledge and skills in marketing. That said, here’s a list of the best free resources that can help you start your marketing career:
#1 HubSpot Academy
HubSpot Academy is one of the best places where you can learn about marketing. Here are some of the advantages that you can gain from learning with HubSpot Academy:
- It teaches you how to find more leads for your business
- It helps you refine and advance the current skills you have
- It gives you access to an extensive network of experts in the field of marketing
- It gives you the capabilities you need to develop a strong marketing presence
With the certifications you can gain from the courses offered, you have a better chance of building your credibility in the field of marketing. You will also be able to keep up-to-date with the latest trends and strategies involving your field of interest, which will let you hone both necessary and relevant skills that can let you stand out among the competition.
#2 Google Online Marketing Challenge
The Google Online Marketing Challenge is another free course suited for those who are looking to learn through practical experience. An online marketing course that is highly in demand, it has had over 100,000 successful enrollees in eight years. Here, the following topics are covered:
- Mobile and social media marketing
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Video and image marketing
- Analytics for your marketing figures
If you are a beginner, this is one of the best and most comprehensive courses that you can take, since the scope of its topics mostly cover the basics. This can be to your advantage, wherein you can later progress to more in-demand forms of marketing. Discussing these basic topics first will help you gain a stronger foundation for your new-found marketing expertise.
#3 LinkedIn Learning Free Online Courses
LinkedIn Learning Courses have a wide variety of lessons that can help increase your knowledge about marketing by learning creative skills from experts in the field. Lessons from veterans in the marketing and business industry can broaden your horizons and let you in on some secrets that may otherwise be unavailable when you opt to study by yourself.
Here are some of the advantages that you can gain from taking up LinkedIn courses:
- There is a “View Offline” option that allows you to attend your classes and to read course materials even when you don’t have an Internet connection or while you are on-the-go. This can be of great benefit to those who have busy and demanding careers.
- You have access to skilled teachers and instructors from some of the best and most prestigious universities.
- It allows you to improve your job profile by adding the skills that you have learned through its access to the LinkedIn platform.
#4 Google Digital Unlocked Course
The Google Digital Unlocked Course focuses on the introductory aspects of digital marketing compared to more traditional forms of marketing. It cannot be denied that digitalization has become prevalent, so if you wish to enhance your career, you have to equip yourself with knowledge on this avenue, too. Digital marketing encompasses email, social media, and video marketing, which are the most commonly used platforms nowadays. Because a lot of people are registered on social media accounts, you have to use this to your advantage by boosting your knowledge in these areas.
Here are some of the advantages that you can gain from taking up the Google Digital Unlocked Course:
- Once you sign up for this course, you immediately receive 23 modules and learning plans for the topics that you are about to study.
- After you complete the course, you are given a certification.
#5 PPC University By WordStream
This option is suited for those who are looking to learn about marketing techniques that work best for small to medium businesses or enterprises. If you are managing your own business and are struggling with your marketing strategies, PPC University can help you improve in this regard. Additionally, everything on this course module is also designed on a mobile-friendly interface, making learning convenient even while you’re on-the-go. Whenever you have a break from work or from whatever task you are doing, you can immediately get back to learning. With its mobile-friendly interface, you can also study from whatever location as it does not confine you to one place.
#6 Free Certification Courses By Stanford University
Through Coursera, Stanford university now offers access to free certification courses you can avail of. This is free for only a short while, but this is enough time for you to develop, enhance, and learn more about the necessary marketing skills that can kick-start a promising career in this field. You can choose the courses that you like to learn about, and then enroll in them for free.
Here are some of the benefits that you can gain from choosing this course:
- You can enroll as a beginner without the need for any prerequisites.
- You can learn at your own pace, as the deadlines of completing the modules are flexible.
- Lessons progress as you move along, becoming more complex to suit what you have thus far learned.
Learning about marketing is not only important if you are working in that field, but also when you are involved in the area of business. To be successful, you must have a basic foundational knowledge of the techniques in marketing. With new challenges and opportunities presented in this field, you have to ensure that your skills and knowledge are also up-to-date so you can keep up with the progression of trends and changes. The more you learn, the better chances you have of kick-starting your marketing career.