The weather outside is frightful, but warming up down south is so delightful! Everyone knows Canadian winters are no walk in the park, and with the unseasonably early drop in temperature and snowfall, warm weather has never looked so enticing.
In an attempt to make spirits bright, KAYAK, the world’s leading travel search engine, has pulled data around the least expensive sun destinations for Canadians.
The Caribbean leads the pack with eight cities on this year’s list, making it the perfect location to kick back, relax and have a little fun in the sun. Also making an appearance at number one is the remote and breathtaking Ponta Delgada, Portugal—also known as the Azores.
Whether you’re looking for a Reading Week trip with your besties or hoping to plant the seed of hope for a March Break getaway with your family, these warm weather destinations are sure to brighten your mood and get your vacation gears spinning. Better yet, the flights are so inexpensive, you’ll have more money to enjoy yourself once your feet hit the sand!
- Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal – $396 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- Oranjestad, Aruba – $570 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- Panama City, Panama – $610 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- Nassau, Bahamas – $638 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago – $642 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- Kingston, Jamaica – $648 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- George Town, Cayman Islands – $657 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- Providenciales, Turks and Caicos – $675 CAD median roundtrip airfare
- San Jose, Costa Rica – $677 CAD median roundtrip airfare
Once you’ve picked your destination, booked your flights and have your calendar marked, often, the most daunting task is mapping out your perfect itinerary. To make things easier for those looking to leave the cold weather behind, KAYAK has created Guides that allows users to plan, store and share travel experiences with fun-loving friends, family and fellow travellers. With KAYAK Guides, you can:
- Keep track of memorable places and add notes during your trip (to remind you later that that macadamia nut latte was, in fact, worth the detour)
- Create visual, custom travel itineraries and plan your activities using an interactive map
- Share your travel experiences with friends and family when you get home (it’s like Instagram, but better!)
So, pack up those swimsuits and grab your favourite sunglasses because there’s snow denying Canadian winter is here to stay and the Caribbean is calling.
All data is based on flight queries conducted from KAYAK CA for international travel and is intended to be used as a guide. Search dates comprise of 11/11/19 – 11/21/19 and travel dates comprise of 12/21/19 – 3/20/20. All data was pulled from KAYAK’s internal database.